Play a pivotal role in an Army unit, looking after the administrative needs of commanders and colleagues in barracks and on deployment.
As an Administration Assistant, help keep the Army running smoothly, while enjoying:
• a good salary plus generous Super
• ongoing investment in your personal and career development
• free medical and dental
• job security and a good work/life balance
• rewarding work and world-class training
• subsidised accommodation
• a supportive team environment
• travel and leave entitlements
• free access to sports and fitness facilities
• friendships that last a lifetime
All that plus exciting opportunities supporting Army domestic activities, including exercises and operations, with potential deployments overseas in support of Australian and coalition personnel.
In the morning you’re processing personnel leave requests or distributing orders on behalf of your commander. That afternoon you’re on the firing range.
This is no ordinary administration job, and the Army is no ordinary employer.
As one of Australia’s largest and most dynamic organisations, it takes a great deal of administrative effort to keep the Army running smoothly and effectively.
In the rewarding role of Administration Assistant you’ll act as a first point of contact within your Army unit, between units, and with your counterparts in the Navy and Air Force. So your communications skills, and your ability to juggle tasks, will be tested on a daily basis.
You’ll learn to:
• handle correspondence
• process leave and pay
• manage finance tasks
• organise records, maps and logbooks, and
• generally support your commanders in barracks, when in the bush, and on deployments (which may be overseas).
You will also be taught general soldiering duties, which could take you out on training exercises, or even away on deployments or disaster-relief operations.
The admin, office and finance skills you gain with the Army will lead to nationally-recognised qualifications that will benefit your whole career. Better still, you’ll be working for a dynamic national organisation that offers a great lifestyle plus opportunities and experiences you simply won’t find anywhere else.
• Fully-paid training
• Once trained, starting package approx. $61,800 p.a. plus superannuation
• Numerous other benefits
• Training in Wagga Wagga NSW and Bandiana VIC
• Then posting to any Army base or unit across Australia, or to a Navy or Air Force base
• At least 17 years of age
• Australian Citizen
• Year 10 completion with passes in English and Mathematics
If you do not have the required passes you may be eligible to sit an Alternative Education Equivalency assessment. Medical and fitness guidelines also apply.
Administration Assistant (Command Support Clerk) @ Defence Force Recruiting (Full Time) on Found. To apply download the Found for Job Seekers app today!