Train to become an Artillery Command Systems Operator in the Australian Army. Be an essential part of Army operations, using advanced computer and surveillance equipment to support artillery targeting.
As an Artillery Systems Operator (also known as Artillery Command Systems Operator), ensure the accuracy of artillery targeting while enjoying:
• a good salary plus generous superannuation
• ongoing investment in your personal and career development
• free medical and dental
• job security and a good work/life balance
• rewarding work and world-class training
• subsidised accommodation
• a supportive team environment
• travel and leave entitlements
• free access to sports and fitness facilities
• friendships that last a lifetime
All that plus exciting opportunities supporting Army domestic activities, including exercises and operations, with potential deployments overseas in support of Australian and coalition personnel.
If you love communication technology and are searching for a challenge, look no further. Take a seat in front of the Gunnery Computer System and start providing Army artillery units with the precision information they need to accurately target hostile activity.
As an Artillery Systems Operator (Artillery Command Systems Operator) you’ll receive data from a variety of sources including satellites, drones, radar and ground forces, which you will use to identify targets and produce firing solutions.
In this demanding role you’ll need the personal resources to handle and interpret large amounts of data, disseminate the information, and communicate advice and instructions clearly and effectively.
The job carries high levels of responsibility and is very rewarding. Better still, in the Army you’ll be working for a dynamic national organisation that offers a great lifestyle plus opportunities and experiences you simply won’t find anywhere else.
• Fully-paid training
• Once trained, starting package approx. $65,000 p.a. plus superannuation
• Numerous other benefits
• Training in Wagga Wagga, NSW and Puckapunyal, VIC
• Then posting to Brisbane, Darwin or Townsville
• At least 17 years of age
• Australian Citizen
• Year 10 completion with passes in English and Mathematics
If you do not have the required passes you may be eligible to sit an Alternative Education Equivalency assessment. Medical and fitness guidelines also apply.
Artillery Command Systems Operator @ Defence Force Recruiting (Full Time) on Found. To apply download the Found for Job Seekers app today!