Train to become a Combat Engineer in the Australian Army. Choose a construction role that really takes you places, building roads, bridges, airfields and military defences for the Army.
As a Combat Engineer construct roads, bridges and airfields, while enjoying:
• a good salary plus generous superannuation
• ongoing investment in your personal and career development
• free medical and dental
• job security and a good work/life balance
• world-class trade training
• subsidised accommodation
• a supportive team environment
• travel and leave entitlements
• free access to sports and fitness facilities
• friendships that last a lifetime
All that plus exciting opportunities supporting Army domestic activities, including exercises and operations, with potential deployments overseas in support of Australian and coalition personnel.
This is a building and construction job with exciting extra dimensions, and the success of military operations could rely on the quality of your work.
To maintain optimal capability the Army has to be highly mobile and able to be supplied with personnel, provisions, ammunition and equipment.
In this diverse and demanding role you’ll be trained to carry out the activities and infrastructure projects that support these critical needs.
In addition to receiving comprehensive military training for your combat role, you will be taught a wide range of trade and technical skills enabling you to:
• assist in the construction of roads and temporary airfields
• erect bridges
• dig drains and construct culverts
• construct field defences and wire obstacles
• conduct demolition and clearance tasks
• construct and operate rafts and ferries
• operate boats, and
• produce potable water using water purification equipment.
Your key function will be to assist the movement of Australian and coalition forces whilst denying mobility to the enemy.
This role is a great alternative to civilian construction work, and no experience is necessary as full training is provided. Better still, in the Army you’ll be working for a dynamic organisation that offers a great lifestyle plus opportunities you simply won’t find anywhere else.
• Fully-paid trade training
• Once trained, starting package approx. $65,000 p.a. plus superannuation
• Numerous other benefits
• Training in Wagga Wagga and Sydney
• Then posting to Brisbane, Darwin, Sydney or Townsville
• At least 17 years of age
• Australian Citizen
• Year 10 completion with passes in English and Maths
If you do not have the required passes you may be eligible to sit an Alternative Education Equivalency assessment. Medical and fitness guidelines also apply.
Combat Engineer @ Defence Force Recruiting (Full Time) on Found. To apply download the Found for Job Seekers app today!