Evolve Organic is a fun, dynamic, health-food-driven company, focusing on providing organic, plant-based foods and juices to people in the Brisbane area. It’s our mission to give people more options to eat plant-based foods which are chemical-free, preservative-free, and providing energy to boost health and wellbeing. We’ve built our company on the ethos of sustainability; taking care of our bodies while simultaneously leaving a light environmental footprint, supporting local farmers and local businesses.
We strive to be a part of the spread of healthier, more conscious lifestyles and are so lucky to be situated right inside Brisbane’s first organic superstore – Market Organics. The staff and our customers are happy and consistently lift the vibe of the store; in our humble opinions, it’s a pretty rad place to work.
WHAT WE NEED:
We are looking for a passionate, bubbly, experienced and mature cook/cafe superstar with a very professional attitude and great customer service skills. We need our new team member to have an open, welcoming attitude, a passion for creating amazing plant-based meals, problem-solving skills, and an ability to work in a dynamic team under the varying pressures which come with hospitality.
Cooking and hospitality experience are essential.
– Making amazing food;
– Creating new menu items frequently (our customers usually come in multiple times per week so we need to keep things interesting!);
– Creating daily specials with excess produce;
– Confidently delegating food prep and cooking to other team members;
– Managing inventory and ordering;
– Efficiently completing start of day and end of day procedures;
– Following safe food and handling practices;
– Taking customer orders;
– Providing consistently amazing customer service;
– Assistance in smoothie and acai bowl making;
– Efficiently clearing tables;
– Cleaning of café, tables, and café equipment;
– Washing DISHES — please don’t apply if you’re afraid of getting your hands dirty.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES WHO:
– Have strong cooking skills and can make great food under pressure;
– Have the ability to remain calm and professional within a busy kitchen environment;
– Are confident with cafe cuisine;
– Have skills and experience working in a similar environment;
– Are passionate about nutrient-rich and plant-based food;
– Are exceptionally organised and able to maintain a clean and professional workspace;
– Are hard working, reliable and honest;
– Have excellent communication skills;
– Value the importance of exceptional customer service;
– Value the importance of building and maintaining strong team relationships;
– Work well as part of a team in a busy environment (even the chef is required to be an all-rounder and support their team);
– Are self-motivated and able to learn new tasks quickly;
– Have the ability to work very quickly and under pressure;
– Are well presented and have excellent interpersonal skills;
– Have accuracy with cash handling/use of cash register/POS, till balancing and EFTPOS
If this sounds like you, send your resume with a cover letter telling us a bit about yourself, detailing any relevant experience and explaining why you would be the best candidate for Evolve Organic in Rocklea to email@example.com
We look forward to meeting you very soon and hopefully welcoming you into our team!