About the business and the role
Client managed private residence
Job tasks and responsibilities
1. Provide personal care services to individuals with disabilities, according to
– Assist individuals with daily living needs, including showering, dressing, toileting,
and other health related programs
– Assist in administration of medical treatments as required.
– Participate in the development, implementation and monitoring of personal plans.
2. Preparation of daily activity/incedent reports
3. Domestic duties/housekeeping
– Attend to all household cleaning and ironing
– Cooking of meals
– Shopping for household items
4. Special Challenges
– Shift-work (overnights) and weekends.
– Must be available for community access as required
Skills and experience
. Experience working as a care provider to disabled people would be preferable
. Any formal health care training would be an advantage.
. Mature work ethic
. High level privacy and confidentiality
. Good interpersonal communication skills
. Excellent written communication and reporting skills.
. Must be autonomous and able to work independently
. Current driver’s licence (and own reliable transport)
. Current first aid certificate
. Ability to work in a flexible work environment