With a typical recruitment process, recruiters and managers receive hundreds of inbound applications and filter the applications they receive to select the candidate to hire from these.
Applications come through from jobs boards or career sites, where anyone can apply for the role.
Reviewing the applications that come through adds on further time to hiring processes that may already include questions to filter to the right applicants for interview.
Also, relying on applications to come through can lower the accuracy of finding the right person to fill the role in the first place.
Proactively approaching qualified candidates at the start of the process can make it much more effective.
Here are 5 reasons why you should take an active approach to finding your next employee:
1. You reach the candidates you would like to apply for your role straight away, without filtering through unsuitable candidates first
2. You can reach candidates who may not have seen the job
3. You can offer an interview to people who may not be actively looking for work, perhaps if they are in other roles, but might be interested
4. You will create more personalised engagement with those you have outbounded to
5. The candidate feels more engaged with the process and has a more positive experience
While the inbound application process is relied on by so many, recruitment processes could be made much more effective with outbounding.
It not only improves the process for employers and recruiters, but also creates a more positive experience for the candidate, which reflects on their decision.