Summary of Occupation
Hellay Australia is a well-established, family-owned Food Manufacturing Company that is uniquely positioned to facilitate the efficient production of their export quality products to their international and local clients alike. Hellay Australia is currently recruiting experienced Food Processing employees to work in their new, state-of-the-art food manufacturing plant.
Reporting directly to the Production Supervisor, you will be required to:
• Operate sophisticated machines that carry out dry and wet blend processes
• Monitor the progress and quality of food products
• Receive, check, store, organise and weigh raw materials
• Ensure the highest level of hygiene and cleanliness
• Implement quality checks and take samples
• Work in an environment that may be noisy, dusty, wet, slippery, hot and cold, depending upon the manufacturing process being carried out
• Rigorously follow policies, procedures and directions
Initially, this role will be staffed by employees working in shifts Sun-Fri, for 38 hour week. As the new plant is commissioned and becomes commercially-operational, this role is likely to change to rolling 12 hour shifts, in consultation with staff, and will be remunerated accordingly at this time. Applicants willing and able to adapt and grow with the plant structures need only apply.
The successful candidate will:
• Have proven high-level experience in the food manufacturing sector, in particular strong technical expertise in a highly automated, fast-moving manufacturing environment.
• Have demonstrated experience working with dry goods, including batch blending operations
• Continually strive to achieve the best quality, achieve production targets, whilst collaborating with a highly engaged team; have good judgement, is a considered thinker and shows initiative.
• Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to communicate to people at all levels.
• Working closely with your colleagues in your own team, in other shifts, managers and casual employees to improve and optimise the performance, efficiencies and safety of the plant, including the delivering of training
• Be able to identify and deliver on continuous improvement projects, ideally within a Lean Manufacturing framework, with respect to quality control, WH&S, HACCP and a safe working environment.
• Possess a thorough understanding of GMP and HACCP practices, with prior certification attainment advantageous.
• Have demonstrated strong mechanical and technical aptitude, and problem-solving skills. Be expected to trouble-shoot and make decisions in a timely manner.
• Be physically fit, and able to lift 25kgs.
• Be of proven good character; be honest and trustworthy.
• Be able to read, and interpret production documentation, with precise attention to detail.
• Good mathematical skills necessary.
• Forklift Licence advantageous
• Demonstrated experience working in the dairy industry may be preferable.
• A flexible attitude, willingness to work overtime, attend training and work on other shifts as required.
• Police Check may be required.
Candidates who demonstrate exceptional leadership skills, driven by values and a people focus will be well-placed to apply for team leadership positions which are expected to become available in the near future.
You must be either an Australia Citizen or a holder of an Australia Permanent Residency Visa to be eligible to apply for this position.