The successful applicant must:
• Hold a current RSA certificate, or be prepared to acquire one
• Industry experience is preferred but not essential
• Be professional, driven and passionate about food and wine
• Possess excellent communication and customer service skills
• Have a strong work ethic and desire to learn
• Be impeccably presented
• Work well under pressure in a fast paced and dynamic environment
• Be a team player who has the capacity to follow direction as well as work autonomously when required
The Barrel Room and Larder at Ballandean Estate Winery are seeking casual Front of House Staff to join our small and passionate team. Operating Thursday to Monday for lunch and dinner, we focus on providing diners with a seasonal casual fine dining experience which showcases the best of the Granite Belt and surrounds.
We only use produce from within three hours of the restaurant and for this reason our meat comes to us as whole beasts or quarters which we break down ourselves. We make everything possible in house including bread, cultured cream, butter, yoghurt and charcuterie. We have also established a greenhouse which we harvest from daily. Here we grow every kind of herb imaginable and alternative fruit and vegetables which are otherwise difficult to source.
We support sustainable, best practice and organic farming where possible, and place great emphasis on simplicity and respect for the ingredients.
By embracing this opportunity you will become an integral member of a team that always strives for excellence. Furthermore, you will be joining a business that truly cares about their Staff and is committed to your ongoing training and development. If this opportunity excites you and you think you may be a good fit for our team, we would love to hear from you.