Odyssey is a 5-star boutique health club located on the 31st floor of The Intercontinental Hotel Sydney and we have a very attractive dual role for an energetic & enthusiastic fitness professional!
You’ll be leading the team as Gym Manager but also be able to build your career as a Personal Trainer!
We want a fresh dynamic Gym Manager who can use their expertise to establish our club as a leader in the small luxury hotel gym market! But because we are only a boutique club this person will also have great scope to grow (or bring in) their own Personal Training clientele.
The club will need you for 15-20hrs per week working as our Gym Manager and the rest of the week you can dedicate to your personal training business. There will also be 3-5 clients that will be handed over from the last manager!
Note: As Gym Manager you can train any clients you bring into the club or source independently rent and contract free! Ie You keep what you charge!
You will work closely with the club owner on all aspects of the club but we are after a Gym Manager to bring in fresh ideas and renewed enthusiasm to make the role their own.
The Gym Manager role is a contract position with a generous hourly rate plus a great potential for incentives from marketing & sales strategies.
This role will entail the following:
* Operations – looking after all aspects of club operations including: staff roster, product stock & sales, equipment maintenance, cleanliness (monitoring external cleaners), employee procedures & OHS.
* Sales – working with club owner to produce leads and drive sales in the local community and corporate environment.
* Reception – member & guest check in and gym monitoring, sales, massage bookings and all general club concierge duties.
* Marketing – assist marketing manager for club promotions and member retention.
* Communication- Liaising with the massage manager to ensure smooth operation of massage services and staff rosters.
* Administration – including reconciliation of all payments and reporting to club owner.
Skills and experience
Candidates MUST have the following essential skills:
– Minimum 3 years management & sales experience (this can be running your own business)
– Certificate 4 in PT
– First Aid Certificate & CPR
– IT skills
– Outstanding customer service and people skills
– Initiative & drive
To be successful you will:
– Be reliable, trustworthy & efficient.
– Be people-focused and highly organised
– Have a genuine passion for the fitness industry
– Be a good team player.
– Be looking at a long term career in the fitness industry