As a Hospitality and Logistics Support Submariner you’ll carry out a variety of food service and catering logistics roles while enjoying:
• a good salary plus generous superannuation
• ongoing investment in your personal and career development
• free medical and dental
• job security and a good work/life balance
• rewarding work and world-class trade training
• subsidised accommodation when on base
• a supportive team environment
• travel and leave entitlements
• free access to sports and fitness facilities on base
• friendships that last a lifetime
All that plus meaningful experiences such as joining humanitarian missions and supporting communities in need.
It takes a special kind of resourcefulness to join the Deep Elite, living and working with a close-knit team in the unique environment of a Collins Class submarine. But for many Submariners, there’s no place they’d rather work.
As a Hospitality and Logistics Support Submariner you’ll find that few days are ever the same. You will have three main areas of responsibility:
1. Fulfilling service and hospitality duties in VIP and mess environments on base,
2. Managing hospitality, logistics and mess operations, including financial management, and
3. Performing general seamanship duties aboard submarines.
On completion of training you are likely to be employed in hospitality through table and bar service and event operation, expanding into business transactions.
When at sea, in addition to providing capability support you will be expected to take on additional duties around your submarine such as:
• fire fighting
• replenishments, and
• the provision of emergency medical care.
If you are an ambitious and adventurous people person with a desire to learn new skills, this is your chance to secure a fulfilling and rewarding job. Better still, you’ll be working for a dynamic organisation that offers a great lifestyle plus opportunities you simply won’t find anywhere else.
Sounds good? Then apply now.
• Fully-paid trade training
• Once trained, earn approx. $78,000p.a.
• Generally based at HMAS Stirling near Perth
• Some of your time will be spent at sea
• At least 17 years of age
• Australian Citizen
• Year 10 completion with passes in English and Mathematics (Science also desirable)
Medical and fitness guidelines also apply.
Ref: 18010367 role available at Defence Force Recruiting. If you have experience, we want you. Apply today!
Hospitality and Logistics Support Submariner @ Defence Force Recruiting (Full Time) on Found. To apply download the Found for Job Seekers app today!