If you don’t have the experience and can’t work every Tuesday, weekend and EASTER school holidays, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS JOB!
Must have a reliable transport. We are looking for some Junior Retail Assistants who are friendly and happy to join our team. We will need the applicants to be available in the school holidays as this is our busiest time.Opening shift start from 6.30am and closing shift ends at 7.30pm (weekday), 8pm (weekend) and possibly 8.30pm(school /public holidays).
Job description (routine daily duties):
• Greeting customers who enter the shop
• Be involved in stock control and management
• Assisting shoppers to find the goods and products they are looking for
• Being responsible for processing cash, eftpos cards and an electronic cash register system
• Stocking shelves with merchandise
• Answering queries from customers
• Reporting discrepancies and problems to the supervisor
• Giving advice and guidance on product selection to customers
• Balancing cash registers with receipts
• Dealing with customer refunds
• Keeping the store tidy and clean, this includes daily general cleaning
• Responsible dealing with customer complaints
• Working within established guidelines, particularly with brands
• Attaching price tags to merchandise on the shop floor
• Responsible for security within the store and being on the lookout for shoplifters and fraudulent credit cards etc.
• Receiving and storing the delivery of large amounts of stock
• Keeping up to date with special promotions and putting up displays
• Must be able to work EVERY TUESDAY, WEEKEND, especially for closing shift, and EASTER school holidays
• Having EXPERIENCE in retail, handling cash & eftpos transaction, and electronic cash register system
• This is a fast pace environment. Must show enthusiasm, energetic, highly motivated, projects a positive image with good attention to detail, efficiency and effectiveness
• The ability to multi task in busy environment and ability to work well under pressure
• Customer Service focus. Having a friendly and engaging personality. Must be helpful and polite
• Must be physically fit as they will be on their feet for most of the day and may be required to lift large amounts of stock, bending, reaching up and down.
Trolley usage (pushing and pulling movements)
• Having high ethical standard, trustworthy and discreet. Able to work well individually and within a team
• Reliable and punctual. Must have a valid drivers license or other ID must be held (tax file number & bank details) and a copy provided