In this important role as a Marine Technician Submariner, you will specialise in engineering systems onboard and ashore. Through expert training and broad experience you will become adept at operating, monitoring and maintaining equipment across a diverse range of platforms, including:
• the ships’ main propulsion machinery
• associated propulsion control and monitoring systems
• electrical power generation and distribution systems
• auxiliary systems including air conditioning, ventilation and refrigeration
• liquid and cargo handling systems
• hull structures and fittings, and
• pumps, motors and ancillary system equipment.
You will also be required to manufacture, supply and install components to systems as part of a Fleet Support Unit work team. World-class trade training will ensure you are multi-skilled, competent and safe to undertake your role as a maintainer.
Whether you’re already trade qualified, about to leave school, or seek a new direction, this is your chance to embark on a really rewarding and worthwhile career.
• Fully-paid trade training
• Once trained, earn over $74,000 p.a. plus superannuation
• Numerous other benefits
• Any Navy base in Australia, based on needs
• Some of your time will be spent at sea
• At least 17 years of age
• Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
• Year 10 completion with passes in English, Maths (non-modified) and Science (preferably with Physics content)
Medical and fitness guidelines also apply.
Sounds good? Then apply now.
Marine Technician Submariner @ Defence Force Recruiting (Full Time) on Found. To apply download the Found for Job Seekers app today!