Dicker Data is an Australian owned and operated ASX listed hardware and software distributor.
Based in Kurnell, an exciting opportunity exists for a sophisticated and intuitive Services Engineer to join the innovative Server & Storage team, reporting to the Services Delivery Manager. This position is available on a short-term casual basis. Immersed in our vibrant and dynamic culture, your role will be essential in building and configuring physical servers on HP, Lenovo and Cisco hardware. You will also demonstrate your unparalleled initiative by ensuring projects run to plan. You will hit the ground running as a brand ambassador with a passion for service excellence where challenging daily tasks await.
Our culture encourages team growth and success, we understand the importance of hiring the right people to make a great team, and to optimize their drive to get the job done. Don’t miss this opportunity to become a vital member of our innovative and passionate team!
What you need to succeed in this role:
• Good Server Hardware Knowledge – particularly HP and Cisco
• Experience with deploying MS Windows Server
• Proven VM knowledge
• Good storage build knowledge
• Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build & maintain relationships with customers, colleagues and executive management.
• Good self-motivation and ability to work under pressure
• Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
What you will do in this role:
• Achieve/exceed assigned services targets
• Work with Services Business Unit to maximise results
• Be responsible for completion of allocated configuration jobs
• Build, Configure and QA, physical servers on HP, Lenovo and Cisco H\W
• Deploy MS Windows Server OS
• Un-box and box hardware
• Deploy and manage images
• Perform configuration tasks according to documented procedures and/or Dicker Data best practice
• Ensure projects run to plan and configuration builds are completed according to schedule and standards
• Be responsible for testing and processing of returned and demo equipment
• Update and add content to internal applications
• Confer with customers and technology groups to clarify and/ or resolve problems
• Communicate complex information and ideas clearly, concisely to target audiences
• Build on technology certifications relevant to designated product areas
• Ensure all interactions with customers are performed in a highly professional manner
Your rewards in this role:
• Convenient on-site parking
• Staff only on-site gym
• A selection of freshly prepared lunch options provided on a daily basis
• A relaxed, modern office setting with casual dress
• A professional environment comprised of driven yet supportive teams