Train to become a Chef in the Royal Australian Air Force. Plan and prepare food in diverse environments, ranging from well-equipped air base facilities to in-flight galleys to field kitchens on deployments.
As an Air Force Chef look after the nutritional needs of personnel in diverse environments, while enjoying:
• An excellent salary plus generous superannuation
• Ongoing investment in your personal and career development
• Free medical and dental
• Job security and a good work/life balance
• Rewarding work and world-class training
• Subsidised accommodation
• A supportive team environment
• Travel and leave entitlements
• Free access to sports and fitness facilities
• Friendships that last a lifetime
All that plus meaningful experiences such as joining peacekeeping missions and supporting communities in need.
For many people, food preparation is their first paid job, and it often involves burgers.
In complete contrast, life as a Chef in the Air Force is infinitely more exciting. The kitchens are well equipped, the food is of the highest quality, and you’ll be fulfilling a role that’s critical to maintaining a fit, healthy and well sustained Defence Force.
The variety of the job really appeals to our Chefs. One week you could be on base preparing meals for in-flight service, and the next could see you cooking under canvas in a field kitchen. No two days are ever the same.
Whether you already have experience as a chef, or you’re just embarking on this popular vocation, you’ll be trained in all aspects of food preparation and production. The experience and qualifications you gain will benefit you in the future, both in and out of the Air Force.
Whether you want to take your trade to a higher level, or learn how to cook from scratch and gain nationally-recognise qualifications, here’s your chance to embark on a rewarding new career.
Better still, you’ll be working for a dynamic organisation that offers a great lifestyle plus opportunities you simply won’t find anywhere else.
• Fully-paid military and trade training
• Once trained, starting package approx. $61,900 p.a. plus superannuation
• Numerous other benefits
• Training in NSW and VIC
• Then posting to RAAF Base Amberley (QLD), Darwin (NT), Tindal (NT) or Williamtown (NSW)
• At least 17 years of age
• Australian Citizen
• Year 10 completion with passes in English and Mathematics
• For Qualified Entry a trade apprenticeship or an AQF Level 3 Certificate in Hospitality (Commercial Cookery)
If you do not have the required Year 10 passes you may be eligible to sit an Alternative Education Equivalency assessment. Medical and fitness guidelines also apply.
Ref: 18010365 role available at Defence Force Recruiting. If you have experience, we want you. Apply today!
Chef @ Defence Force Recruiting (Full Time) on Found. To apply download the Found for Job Seekers app today!