Train to become a Driver in the Australian Army Reserve. Expand your driving skills in an action-packed part-time role that keeps the Army mobile, capable, and ready for action. If you’re looking for a new challenge, the Army Reserve could be for you. You’ll enjoy the satisfaction of giving something back to Australia, while benefitting from:
• tax-free daily pay
• free healthcare and accommodation when serving
• a flexible time commitment
• comprehensive training
• rewarding work that’s in contrast to your day job
• a supportive team environment
• friendships that last a lifetime
All that plus exciting opportunities supporting Army domestic activities, including exercises and operations, with potential deployments overseas in support of Australian and coalition personnel.
Picture yourself at the heart of Army operations, contributing to the mass movement of troops, equipment, armoured vehicles, fuel and supplies. In this driving role with a difference, you’ll help us maintain the efficiency and effectiveness of our distribution networks.
One of the great things about being a Driver (also known as Driver Specialist) in the Army Reserve is the variety of vehicles you’ll experience. These include high-performance 4WDs, off road forklifts, trucks, road trains, fuel tankers and tank-carrying transporters. You may also be trained to drive landing craft and amphibious vehicles.
The work and the challenges you’ll encounter make this a really interesting and worthwhile part-time job, and you’ll be part of a dynamic team of logistics professionals.
Does this sound like a great way to spend a number of weekends away or breaks from work?
• Initial 35-day military training course
• Serve between 20 and 100 days each year (at least 50 days preferred)
• Fit service around your existing work and family commitments
The Army provides special resources to help you approach your employer about your ambition to serve as a Reservist.
• Training in Wagga Wagga, NSW
• Posting to an Army unit close to where you live
• Fully-paid training
• Once trained, starting package $159.22 per day tax free
• Pay increases with rank and experience
• At least 17 years of age
• Australian Citizen
• Year 10 completion with passes in English and Mathematics
Medical and fitness guidelines also apply.
Driver @ Army Reserves (Full Time) on Found. To apply download the Found for Job Seekers app today!