Train to become an Infantry Soldier in the Australian Army Reserve. Add an exciting and rewarding new dimension to your life, helping keep the Army in touch and communicating effectively. If you’re looking for a new challenge, the Army Reserve could be for you. You’ll enjoy the satisfaction of giving something back to Australia, while benefitting from:
• tax-free daily pay
• free healthcare and accommodation when serving
• a flexible time commitment
• comprehensive training
• rewarding work that’s in complete contrast to your day job
• a supportive team environment
• friendships that last a lifetime
All that plus exciting opportunities supporting Army domestic activities, including exercises and operations, with potential deployments overseas in support of Australian and coalition personnel.
In the part-time role of Infantry Soldier (also known as Rifleman), a few of your weekends (and periods away from work) will be packed with excitement and adventure.
You’ll specialise in patrolling, cordon and search, surveillance and infantry tactics; and the tools of your trade will include rifles, grenade launchers, light weapons and night fighting equipment.
If you love operating independently while working in a close-knit team, and have the strength of character to carry on with your tasks regardless of challenging conditions, this could be the opportunity to really prove what you’re capable of.
• Initial 35-day military training course
• Two16-day Infantry Courses conducted regionally
• Serve between 20 and 100 days each year (at least 50 days preferred)
• Fit service around your existing work and family commitments
The Army provides special resources to help you approach your employer about your ambition to serve as a Reservist.
• Training in Wagga Wagga, NSW
• Posting to an Army unit close to where you live
• Fully-paid training
• Once trained, starting package $159.22 per day tax free
• increases with rank and experience
• At least 17 years of age
• Australian Citizen
• Year 10 completion with passes in English and Mathematics
Medical and fitness guidelines also apply.
Infantry Soldier @ Army Reserves (Part Time) on Found. To apply download the Found for Job Seekers app today!