Main duties / Responsibilities:
• Perform welding duties.
• Weld steel components with welding equipment as specified by layouts, engineering drawings, work orders, or verbal instructions.
• Operate forklifts, hand power tools, grinders, and other tools and machines related to the jobs
• Inspect and correct welds as necessary to meet product specifications.
• Read, understand, and follow job order specifications, engineering drawings, and/or work orders.
• Willingness to cross-train and perform the work of other job tasks in addition to the primary assigned position.
• Perform a variety of complicated tasks, as required (eg: assemble, disassemble parts, etc)
• Complete housekeeping duties in assigned area or project area on a daily basis and/or when required.
• Complete required paperwork.
• Communicate about the job with customer, other employees and manager to ensure a good organization and customer’s understanding.
• Assemble and fit metal sections and plates to form complete units or subunits using welding, bolting, riveting and other methods.
• Set up and operate fabricating machines such as brakes, rolls, shears, flame cutters, grinders, guillotine and drill presses to bend, cut, form, drill, punch or otherwise form and assemble metal components.
• Hammer, chip and grind workpieces to cut, bend, and straighten metal.
• Fabricate and assemble structural metal products, assemble components, etc.
• Follow and comply with Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Skills & Experience:
• Familiar with a variety of welding concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Ability to understand welding symbols and diagrams, read blueprints, and/or other printed instructional material in the welding of products or parts.
• Must be thoroughly familiar with welding equipment such as torches, torch tips, filler rods, flux, hoses, valves, and gas cylinders.
• Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Willingness to follow directions as well as the ability to work independently.
• Good verbal communications skills.
• Flexible and cooperative team attitude.
• Knowledge of general workshop procedures.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to understand technical plans and drawings.
Welder/ Fabricator @ ConveyOz pty ltd (Full Time) on Found. To apply download the Found for Job Seekers app today!